Saturday, December 24, 2011

The $3.00 Boot Sock Project!


I saw a post on Facebook for a tutorial on making boot socks or leg warmers out of old sweaters.  I loved the idea and of course, couldn't wait to try it! 

I went to my fave thrift store here in Lincoln to find some sweaters to work with.  I chose a white sweater, black sweater and a black and white stripped tank sweater.  They were all only $1.00 each so I felt great about this project right away!



All who know me well know that I love black and white!
It is practical as it goes with so many outfits.





I started with the with cutting the sweaters using the sleeves as well as the
large area into as many pairs as possible.

My first try was with the black and white sweater.  

I cut it up and used as much of it as possible.

I used the trim and other scraps for flowers and ruffles.

I hate wasting anything!  I ended up using quite a lot of what I cut out.
You simply sew together the open edges to make a sock that can slip on over
your pant legs or leggings/tights.


Here's the pair with my Ugg-ish boots!

They also work well with zip-up boots!


The Boot socks completed!

Another pair in white with flowers made with scraps and a button in the center.

A pair in black with scraps from the black and white sweater that I
made into flowers and a green button in the center.

Here's a few more!  I am hoping to make my 14 year old niece
 very happy with some of these this Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment