Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Flower Scarf Challenge!

I recently saw a scarf that grabbed my attention.  "Oh, I love those large fabric flowers!", I said out loud when I saw it.



Last night, I thought about that scarf again and remembered some old, thin, white fleece material crammed in the bottom of a bag of fabric scraps.  Even though it was late, I couldn't stop thinking of ways to make that amazing scarf.  I gave in, found the fleece and got started!


Here's what I decided to do:




I started by cutting a piece for the base about 
4 feet long and 6 inches wide.  


I cut the base piece in a scalloped pattern
all the way around.

I cut the remaining fleece into ten 1 1/2 inch
wide strips for making the flowers.



I took the strips, cut them in a scalloped pattern as well and formed them into circles starting
from the outside and working toward the middle.
I used hot glue to hold it together and then eventually
to attach it to the base.


My first idea was to fill up some of the space between flowers by
adding a tiny strip tied in a knot.  I ended up using hot glue to
attach the flowers to each other so that there were no gaps.



I love the way it turned out even though it was a
little different than what I had seen. So soft and cozy too!




4 comments:

  1. Wow, Sandie...that looks fab. You're so crafty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No sewing?? That turned out beautiful, and I'm so happy to see that it didn't involve a sewing machine! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Question: is this you in both photos? I saw the first photo on Pinterest a while back and at the time thought, "Wow, that lady looks like Sandy!" Was it you? Or are you only in the final photo in this post.

    ReplyDelete